This article is for those interested for further information regarding the scholarships being offered by Sime Darby.
Type of scholarship: Pre-University Scholarship Programme
Who should apply: Students who have recently completed Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) 2009 Trial Examination.
Status of application: 12 Sept – 3 Oct 09
- Minimum 71As in Trial SPM 2009 examination
- Strong leadership qualities
- Active participation in extra-curricular activities and sporting events
- Note: Previous academic achievements will be taken into consideration.
- Good communication skills
Sime Darby invites qualified Malaysian citizens to apply for education sponsorship to pursue full-time foundation studies at recognized universities/ private colleges in Malaysia.
Our scholarship will be offered to well-rounded Malaysian candidates who have attained excellent academic achievement, who demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities and potential and who devote time to make an impact to the community through their extra-curricular activities.
Recipients of this scholarship will be sponsored to pursue foundation studies to prepare themselves for undergraduate admission at top overseas universities in Australia, Canada, Singapore, United Kingdom and United States.
Pre-university scholars would be given priority for Sime Darby Undergraduate Scholarship Program to pursue their degree IF they meet the qualifying criteria upon completion of their foundation studies. The continuation of the degree programme is at the discretion of Sime Darby.
Fields of StudyScholarship will be offered to individual pursuing the following fields of study:
- Business: Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration, Economics and Finance, Law
- Engineering and Technology: Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Computer, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Sciences: Agriculture, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Plantations Technology, Plantation management
- Medical and Allied Health Science : Medicine (MBBS), Pharmacy, Nursing, Dietetics, Radiation Therapy, Physiotherapy, Nuclear Medicine, Medical Physics, Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
- Building Science : Architecture
Value of Scholarship (Local)The sponsorship covers the following:
- Full tuition and academic fees
- Living allowance (accommodation will be provided)
- Book and equipment allowance
Only online application will be considered. Applications should take approximately 45 minutes.